Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Broken Bridges

I love Toby Keith. No, not like a man-crush. And certainly not like those guys on Bravo and HGTV love each other. Toby Keith is cool. I like his songs. He loves his country. And he is busy with the USO singing to soldiers. That's why I love Toby Keith.

When I was in the library and I saw this movie Broken Bridges that starred Toby Keith (as Bo Price, which sounds so much like Bo Bice), Kelly Preston, Burt Reynolds, and Willie Nelson, I knew immediately that I needed to see it.

The movie starts off with Kelly Preston, a single mom with a teenage daughter who receives a phone call that her brother just died in a military training accident. She then must return home, a place she hasn't been in years. There she must face her father who is mad at her and try not to run into her daughter's father, Toby Keith.

When Preston left, Toby was a misguided, irresponsible country singer who would never make anything of himself. (Funny, isn't it?) However, he meets his daughter who also likes to sing and play guitar. They find that they like each other. Burt Reynolds plays the jerk father who is not very accepting of his granddaughter and her independent thinking. And Burt, what were you thinking? That jet-black dyed hair looks horrible!

Anyway, things got a little hairy there for a while, but with a little arm-twisting from Toby Keith, Willie Nelson came through and saved the day. (It probably doesn't hurt that Willie and Toby performed together in the Beer For My Horses video, which is a great video. Funny, too!)

In what appears to be a made-for-tv-movie, everything works out in the end and everyone loves each other. Everything feels good. I'm sure this movie will even be on the Lifetime Channel soon.

I give this movie 3 stars. It has star-power, but the plot is tried and true, but a little worn. It's definitely a chick flick.

No comments:

 
My Zimbio