Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Bourne Ultimatum

The Bourne Ultimatum is the third (and supposedly last) in the series of the secret spy thrillers starring Matt Damon as Jason Bourne. The previous 2 movies, The Bourne Supremacy and the Bourne Identity, were excellent movies in their own right. The Bourne Ultimatum does not disappoint. However, this movie cannot stand alone. If you have not seen the first two movies, this movie will have you clueless.

The movie is action-packed and there is never a dull moment. It is not loaded down with boring romantic conversation or useless dialog. The movie is filled with 3-5 second clips shifting from one scene to another. This not your epileptic friend's movie. The plot keeps you in constant suspense and there is continuous twists.

Though the "good" guys wind up winning in the end, the movie leaves itself wide open for a sequel. However, I think they may be running out of clever words that go with "born". Perhaps Bourne on the 4th of July? Bourne to Run? Bourne in the U.S.A.?

The movie had me laughing and glued to the television in suspense. Which reminds me of a joke - how do you keep an idiot in suspense?

I give this movie 4 stars. I could have done with a little less 4 second scene changes, but overall I liked the movie.

No comments:

 
My Zimbio