Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Notes on a Scandal

What happens when you put 2 lunatic teachers together in the same school? You either get my high school or you get the plot for a movie.

Ini this British drama, you have one teacher that is a love-seeking unappologetic pedophile, while the other is a militaristc befriending control-freak who seeks out and destroys the reputation of attractive young teachers. The older teacher, best known for playing M in the new James Bond movies, documents her voyaristic exploits in journals that are the source of her enjoyment, hence the notes on the scandal.

Every boy's dream is to hook up with a hot teacher. I am no exception. My 11th grade English student teacher may have secretly shared my desire for her. The kid (or victim if you're politically correct) in this movie is not the type of kid you cheer for when conquers his sexual desires. He's an arrogant and aggressive punk with a penchant for flattery that wins over love-starving Cate Blanchett.

The movie ends by leaving you hanging. What happens to the teacher? We can only make assumptions. Though we do see M starting her exploitation of her next victim.

Overall, I give this movie 3 stars. I kept my attention, though the ending was disappointing.

But I do have good news everyone - the Golden Globe Awards show has been cancelled this year to the writer's strike. Who said nothing good would come out of this strike?!!!

No comments:

 
My Zimbio