Monday, January 21, 2008

Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End

Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End is the third movie of the Disney trilogy. I will say that I really liked the first two movies. However, I suspected that the third one would be really silly - and I was right.

What I wasn't expecting was the nearly three hours of seemingly unending endings. Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the action and the special effects and that is what was supposed to make the movie worth watching. And what girl-loving guy doesn't like Keira Knightley. I thought it was amazing how her skin and hair were really dirty and 30 seconds later she was all pretty and clean.

Johnny Depp again plays the perpetually juiced Captain Jack Sparrow. His character is comical and lucky, which makes him a likable character. Orlando Bloom was thrown in again because he's so pretty.

The movie tells about how the many parties, Will Turner, Sparrow, Captain Barbossa, Elizabeth Swan, and Admiral Norrington and even Sao Feng fight their way to Davy Jones' locker to release the condemned goddess Calypso.

The movie borders on the unbelievable until you remember that this is supposed to be a fantastical movie. Of course good defeats evil. You'd be all pissed off if it happened otherwise. However, the ending leaves it wide open for a sequel. So much for calling it a trilogy.

Overall, I gave this movie 4 stars. Like other ratings that I've given, it fits its niche well. Note, however that I gave the other two movies 5 stars each. So of the three movies, I relatively liked this one the least. Would I see a fourth? But, of course.

1 comment:

Pat R said...

The first Pirates of the Caribbean was great, not too sure about the other two, tho the special effects were top notch of course. i hear they're coming out with a fourth one...

 
My Zimbio