Monday, January 14, 2008

Jackass Number Two

For anyone who enjoyed those deviant years of middle school and the crude humor that accompanied it (and yes, there are some of us that did), then Jackass: Number Two is for you.

I have not seen the original Jackass movie, but I suspected that there were no plot themes that needed to be understood before you saw the sequel - and I was correct. From poop, explosions, cussing, punches, and eating gross things, this movie does not disappoint the average 13 year old - and an occasional 35 year old. Why anyone would subject themselves to this level of humor is beyond me, but as a voyeuristic society, a lot of us are glad that Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, and Bam Magera did.

This movie is no intellectual teaser. In fact, the movie is still funny with the sound turned off. My 5 year-old son walked into the room and I quickly turned off the sound because of the occasional curse word (occasional meaning every other word). Together we watched them crash into a few things and we both laughed.

Overall, I give this movie 4 stars. I would not have expected this movie to win any awards, but if you are in the mood for a cheap non-thinking comedy, this movie is for you. I laughed a lot and didn't feel guilty about doing so.

No comments:

 
My Zimbio